Pages

Friday, July 10, 2009

PPSMI - BP Fri. Jul.10, 09

I have never been a fan of Tun Mahathir. In fact I feel uncomfortable with this man even though I have never met him or known him.
Today he is doing a census on the use of English in schools for Maths and Science. I voted "NO" to the reversion of teaching the 2 subjects in BM.
I am a Malaysian and speaks BM. It is the national language. No quarrel with that. Malays being the major ethnic group has been agreed to allow their mother tongue to be used as the national language. Therefore, it is now our language as Malaysians.
But I had this bad experience which I notice in my younger brothers. They were educated in BM medium of instruction. I was the last to study in English medium. Nothing profound about that. But I found out that their approach to life and mentality is different than that of mine and those of my siblings who are educated in English medium.
Now I have 4 children. Given the choice, I will send my children overseas as I see that they may fare better studying overseas than in Malaysia. I don't want to sacrifice my children's future just because of the political game the government is playing.
Why do most of the senior government officers, politicians and rich men send their children overseas. Why not keep them to study in Malaysia. There is someting telling but politicians are always hideous about their agenda. The ordinary citizens always suffer.
Generations of Malaysians have their future destroyed because of the continouos trials on our children.
I vote for English to be used in teachign Maths and Science.

No comments:

Post a Comment